CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY PERMIT PROCESS
When a construction project disturbs less than one acre of land, a full Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan is not required. Instead, a simpler Construction Activity Permit is required. The application for the Construction Activity Permit must be included with your building permit application, along with a simple sketch plan showing the layout of the construction site and the location of pollution preventing best management practices (BMPs).
A Construction Activity Permit is not required if your project is a small addition, deck, detached building, etc. no more than 200 sq. ft. in size or if it meets all of the following conditions:
- It is and addition or a detached building accessory to an existing building on the lot.
- It is no closer than 50 feet to any property line.
- The construction activity will use an existing hard surfaced access onto the property such as a driveway with no potential for track-out of dirt or other pollutants.
The following downloads are available:
- http://www.deq.utah.gov/businesses/businessassistance/construction/index.htm for a discussion of BMPs
- http://www.slco.org/pweng/stormwater/pdf/final_bmp_constructi.pdf for a more lengthy discussion and list of BMPS