The term “Recreational Fire” is the burning of materials other than rubbish with the total fuel area 3 feet or less in diameter and 2 feet or less in height used for pleasure, religious, ceremonial, or cooking purposes. Recreational fires do not require a permit but must be extinguished at the request of fire officials if they are deemed a nuisance.
• Recreational fires shall not be conducted within 25 feet of a structure or combustible materials. Chimeneas and portable fire pits are allowed a closer proximity to combustibles but we ask that they not be placed on wooden or synthetic decking.
• Fire pits shall be lined and are to be kept clean of coals and ashes.
• Water bucket, shovel, and garden hose – or a fire extinguisher with a minimum 4-A rating shall be readily available.
• A person knowledgeable in the use of the fire-extinguishing equipment shall constantly attend recreational fires.
• An attendant that is alert at all times shall supervise a recreational fire until such fire has been completely extinguished.
Sky lanterns are considered a form of recreational fire and their use is not allowed anywhere in North Logan City due to their lack of supervision.